You have to pay in:
- Tourist accommodation (villas, apartments etc)
You do not pay under 16 years old.
Residents staying in the Islands will also pay.
The tax will vary between 0.5 and €2 in high season, and between 0.2 and €1 in low.
It is estimated that you between 50 and 80 million euros, which will be allocated for environmental purposes:
- Protection, preservation and recovery of the natural environment
- Improvements in the quality and competitiveness of the tourism sector
- Deseasonalisation premium and tourist product creation
- Improvement of sustainable tourism infrastructure
- Historical and cultural heritage
You will be charged from the second quarter of the year 2016.
High season goes from April to October included.
- 0.5 euros per day of stay if staying in hostels and shelters, hostels, pensions, inns, tourist camps or campsites.
- 1 euro per day in the case of rural hotels, rural tourism, tourism accommodation of interior, tourist apartments of up to three keys, hotels and apartments of up to three stars.
- 1.5 euros per day of stay when this tourist homes for vacation, housing top tourist marketing, apartments three keys object and hotels of four and three-star-superior.
- 2 euros per day, will be for tourists on cruise ships, superior four-star and five-star hotels, tourist apartments in four keys and residential tourism business accommodation establishments.
All these amounts will be reduced by half in each case when he is low season.